Wednesday, April 19, 2017

1862 Hayden



      Dear Mother,
           Your last letter greatly upset me. Hearing that my brothers leg is gone. It makes me worried that it will happen to me. However I have just survived the bloodiest battle I have ever seen. It was at Antietam. There were bodies everywhere. Limbs on the ground. Many of my brothers in arms have died. Im just lucky its not me. It very well could've been me though. However I was not as lucky as I could've been. I have lost an arm. But worry not, it was my left one and simply because I am right handed I was allowed to stay in the Union and fight.

    Your favorite two legged son, Nelson McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary, It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Ab...