Tuesday, April 25, 2017

1863 blog- Captain Scales

Dear Diary,


I think the soldiers in my regiment have started to grow suspicious of me. Fortunately they don’t think I am a women, but rather that I am a spy. I’m not sure which would be worse, them finding out the truth or them thinking I would betray my nation for those rebels. For these reasons I think it’s best to stop writing, at least until the suspicions and rumors going around calm down. These days the war continues with many casualties and unfortunately the bloodshed shows no sign of stopping. I’ve kept in contact with my family back home and they are doing well. It worries me that if something may ever happen to me It would not only put my life of the line but maybe even theirs.
                                                                                        May god have mercy on me and my family, Captain Scales

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary, It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Ab...