Thursday, April 6, 2017

Blog #1- Captain Scales

Dear Diary,

I never thought I would be in the position I am today. As a women living in 1800's when I was younger almost everything seemed impossible to me. I'm was not allowed to get the education I wanted, I'm was not allowed to vote and I wasn't even allowed to speak up. Stating at a young age I have been told by many people including some women that I couldn't do anything instead of being married and cooking and cleaning while my husband did all the work. If only they could see me now, I would love to see their reactions on their faces! If they ever realized that I Marissa Burland have not only infiltrated the US army but have actually acquired the ranking of Captain, something I could only dream about I was little I'm one hundred percent positive they would most likely have a heart attack. Although it is worth it, it can be very  hard at times especially since I have to keep my real identity a secret, thankfully my older sister Sally is supportive of me, otherwise I don't know what I would be doing right now. She has been covering for me and playing the role of my wife as long as I give her half of my wage. Ever since her husband died from a mining accident when they moved to the state of California she has been barely getting by. She has since moved back to Philadelphia where we were both born. Being a seamstress she doesn't really make much money to support her and her son (my nephew Billy). These next few weeks are going to be hard both on and off the battle field but for the time being I'm safe. Hopefully this war will be over soon without many casualties. Its bearly been a few weeks since ive been away from home but I already miss the homecooked meals.
                                                                                                         
                                                                                                            May God have mercy on me,
                                                                                                                                  Captain Scales

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary, It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Ab...