Monday, April 10, 2017

July 20, 1861 Postcard sent to Washington D.C. - Carolina

Dear father,
    The first battle of Bull Run was a big loss for us and a lot of work for me to handle. The Confederacy was much more prepared than we were. I didn't think I'd have to help heal so many casualty soldiers. The South won this battle and the North looked like cowards. We thought it would be an easy battle and everything would get settled, but the South had rebel soldiers who knew what they were doing and great strategies. We had a lot more soldiers than the South, but we also had a lot of desertion soldiers. I am getting more scared as to what will happen next. Even if nurses are protected I hope I stay well. I hope Washington D.C is doing you good. Try not to worry too much father. I will be back as soon as the South realizes what a fool they are for seceding. I'm not too scared though because I know mom is watching over me.
                                                                                                                              Love,
                                                                                                                      Your daughter
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary, It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Ab...