Tuesday, April 25, 2017

1863 Blog




     Dear Mother, I have bad news. My regiment has started to suspect that I am a southern spy. I obviously am not, however they don't believe me. I cannot be put to death because there is no incriminating evidence against me. But I have to be carful. Anything that I say or do could be used against me. Additionally one of my brothers in arms was withdrawn to the south. It turn out that our nurse was a spy for General Lee. I have no idea how she slipped under our radar but somehow she did. I never trusted her, but again because of the army's suspicions, no one would listen to me.

Ill keep you posted

your son,
Nealson McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary, It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Ab...