Sunday, May 14, 2017

1865 blog post letter-Abree

Dear father, i’m sure you've heard of Lincoln's assassination, its been all over the newspapers. Our dear leader has been killed! Shot in the head at Ford's Theatre in the Capital while attending a play of "Our American Cousin" on April 14th. He died at 7:22 in the morning. The man who shot him is still on the run, but we have reason to believe it was John Wilkes Booth. In other news, before his death President Lincoln expressed very freely that he felt the war was coming to an end. I am ecstatic that i will get to come home to my wife and baby, and come to visit you and mother. Oh, how I miss home cooked meals! As for me, all is well, and in good health. Also, a man in our regiment was arrested for treason and is being held in jail without trial. His name is Midshipman McCook, who planned to expose our militia to immediate danger, but more on that later. Tell mother I say hello, and write soon.

Yours, Theo

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary, It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Ab...