Monday, May 15, 2017

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary,
It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Abraham Lincoln, the man who helped lead this country into victory has been shot and killed. In this war, in this fight for social justice we've lost many great people but never would I have imagined that our dear president would be one of them. It brings me peace that he was at least able to see the faces of some of who will forever be thankful for him. Although the war is over I'm no fool and know that this is not the end of the fight already we have heard rumors of what some of the southern states are planning to do in order to stop our country from moving forward. Can't they see the consequences this might have? Are they really that blind? Does the color of one's skin really mean so much that they can't see them for who they really are? If so I pray for them. I pray that God may have mercy on them and help them see the truth for once and for all. I know the following months will bring hardships but I'm prepared to face them if it will bring us justice. I'm afraid it's time for a new chapter, a new book.
                                                                                     May the future bring justice for all,
                                                                                                 Captain Scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary, It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Ab...