Monday, May 1, 2017

1864 Blog-Captain Scales

Dear Diary,
I've not written in a while in here. the suspicions and rumors that had been going around of me being a spy have seem to disappear not only because of the casualties we have bur the fact that this year the 3 year contract ends for most soldiers. Our line are spread very thin and it had me concerned that the rebels will use that to their advantage. I stay up every night like many wondering if I will get to see the next day. Al tough my hopes for the Union are not at an all time high they have been lifted after hearing that General Sherman was able to lead his troops across Georgia and split the rebels in half. Hopefully this is enough to bring them to their knees. Hopefully the war will end soon with the Union on top and hopefully I too will not become a casualty.
                                                                                                            May this gruesomeness end,
                                                                                                                                Captain Scales

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 Blog-

Dear Diary, It's finally over. We've won, yet the bloodshed still continues. I've just received horrible news. Our president Ab...